Winter Weather Arrangements
If at all possible we will endeavour to keep the school open during adverse weather conditions. In the event of school closure the following procedures will be followed:
- At 7.30am, Mrs Moya Smith & Mrs Olga Jackson will assess the weather situation, school health and safety and travel conditions and make a decision.
- Between 7.30 am and 8.00am if it is decided that the school will not open the school closure will be posted on the rolling news bar, at the top of the front page of our school website and it will be announced on the local radio station (BBC Radio Lancashire, 95.5FM, 103.9FM, 104.5FM, 855MW, 1557MW). We will send out emails and/or a telephone call to all parents.
In the event of deteriorating weather conditions during the school day, we will:
- Contact parents to collect pupils where possible.
- Send staff home if travel conditions deteriorate and staff may experience difficulties getting home.
- At least two members of staff will remain on school site until the last child is collected.