If you would like to view our school, please telephone 01200 448276 to make an appointment. We would love to show you round and introduce you to the magic of Thorneyholme!
Our admissions criteria is:
1. Looked after children or a child who was previously looked after, but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangement order, or special guardianship order or those children who appear to the school to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted.
2. Baptised Catholic children who have a sibling in the school at the time of admission.
3. Baptised Catholic children resident in the catchment area as shown on the map in Appendix 1.
4. Baptised Catholic children resident in the parish of Our Lady of the Valley, as shown on the map in Appendix 2.
5. Other children who have a sibling in the school at the time of admission.
6. Other Baptised Catholic Children.
7. All remaining applicants.
In-year admission is the process of applying for a school place during the school year. Any applications for the intake made after the start of the autumn term will be treated as an in-year application.
The in-year admission process is managed by the school. Parents are required to complete the in-year application form, which is available from the school website.
Where a place cannot be secured, parents will be offered a legal right of appeal to an independent appeal panel.
Lancashire County Council administers the appeals process on behalf of the school. Parents can complete the school’s appeal form on Lancashire County Council’s website.