If you are due to join us in September 2023, you are never too late to join us.
If you would like to view our school, please telephone 01200 448276 to make an appointment. We would love to show you round.
The admissions criteria is:
1. Looked After Children and previously Looked After Children and Looked After Children adopted from overseas. (see note 1 below)
2. Baptised Catholic children who have a sibling in the school at the time of admission.
3. Baptised Catholic children resident in the catchment area as shown on the map in Appendix 1 of the Admissions Policy.
4. Baptised Catholic children resident in the parish of Our Lady of the Valley, as shown on the map in Appendix 2 of the Admissions Policy.
5. Other children who have a sibling in the school at the time of admission.
6. Other Baptised Catholic Children.
7. All remaining applicants.
A ‘looked after child’ has the same meaning as in section 22(1) of the Children Act 1989, and means any child who is (a) in the care of a local authority or (b) being provided with accommodation by them in the exercise of their social services functions (e.g. children with foster parents) at the time of making application to the school. A ‘previously looked after child’ is a child who was looked after, but ceased to be so because he or she was adopted, or became subject to a child arrangements order or special guardianship order. Included in this definition are those children who appear (to the governing body) to have been in state care outside of England and who ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted.
An application can be made for a place for a child at any time outside the admission round and the child will be admitted where there are available places. Applications should be made to Thorneyholme RC Primary School by contacting the Governing Body Admissions Committee.
The Governing Body Admissions Committee will meet as required.
Where there are places available but more applications than places, the published oversubscription criteria, as set out above, will be applied.
If there are no places available, the child will be added to the waiting list (see above).
You will be advised of the outcome of your application in writing within 15 school days of receipt of the application, and you have the right of appeal to an independent appeal panel.