The Year 2 and Year 6 pupils had a lesson delivered by the Lancashire Fire and Rescue team. The lesson focused on increasing knowledge about fire risks and awareness of what to do in the event of a fire.
- General fire risks
- Dangers of matches and lighters
- What to do if clothes catch fire using the “Stop, Drop and Roll” technique
- Understanding what a smoke alarm is and the importance of having a working one
- The importance of having an escape action or fire plan
- Applying an escape action plan through role play and how to call 999